OIL LEAK AND WATER GETTING MIXED WITH ENGINE

1997 Volvo 850

Engine problem
1997 Volvo 850 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 172647 miles

Hi, I have recently bought a 1997 Volvo GLT Turbo, with a mileage 172495 on it. But now I can see oil leakage from the engine thats dripping on the floor of my parking area. While checking the engine oil I could also see a milky appearance of the oil. Its probably due to water is getting into the engine oil. Could you please suggest me what is the probable cause of this things to happen and the estimated cost of repair. I am sometimes getting a burning smell too while driving. Thanks in advance.
Sanjukta1983

I'm willing to bet the head gaskets going in it- the burning you smell is the gasket itself mixed with the leaking oil burning off- It won't be cheap to fix, that I know, but if you continue to drive it eventually you could end up cracking a piston, the head, the block, or maybe even possibly seizing the entire engine- so my advice is to get it fixed ASAP.

Pmlacey3521