STALLING OUT & DIFFICULT TO START

1991 Volvo 740

1991 Volvo 740 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 149 k miles

My Volvo has just all of the sudden stopped on me out of the blue while I am driving, usually while accelerating. It just like instantly loses all power from one second to the next & stops. Thank goodness it restarts but it is starting to do it more frequently.

Also when I get ready to start it it is hesitating to start - the starter appears to be working. Is this a fuel injector or fuel pump issue or a sensor in there? The fuel pump was changed out like 4 yrs ago.

I will have to take it to a Dealer as there are no good foreign repair guys anywhere near me - have tried them.

I thought at first the fuel was bad (Murphy Oil) Wal-Mart so have been putting in the Seafoam canned stuff to use as an additive.

Thanks,
Elaine
Eecs

Check the fuel pressure and comeback with the readings this is where we start before we head on over to the ignition system