WHY DOES CAR HESITATE AND STALL?

1990 Volvo 740

1990 Volvo 740 Automatic 165000 miles

Car hesitates upon acceleration from a standing stop and causes check engine light to come on and stall.

My dad checked the codes and replaced the oxygen sensor, which was the only code that came up. Coolant sensor and crank sensor also were replaced previously prior to this problem.

My dad also tested the fuel pumps and was getting a high reading without the car running. He says he needs to get some fittings and test the fuel pressure again. If the problem is not the fuel pumps, he is not sure what to do.

Also, my dad drove the car after replacing the oxygen sensor and it was still hesitating, but drove a good distance without stalling. Then today my boyfriend tried to drive it and it was stalling again.

Thanks.
Froniusm

Is this a B230F/FT, B234F ENGINE?

It is a 740 GLE B 234 F engine

Froniusm
Your fuel pressure should be: FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR

Line pressure 300 kPa (43 psi)

Rest pressure 200 - 300 kPa (28 - 43 psi)

Clean the mass airflow sensor with an electronice cleaner called CRC and test the throttle position sensor