CAR WONT CRANK

1993 Volvo 240

1993 Volvo 240 150000 miles

My son was given this car and when he tries to crank it, it will only turn over but not crank. The battery is good but he was told it could be the relay or something else. Could you tell me if there is some kind of self diagnostic test with in the car? Or what other problems it could be?
Kebo1987

Cranks but no start condition: Fuel and Spark: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.