SPARK PLUG WIRES IN RELATION TO FIRING ORDER

1989 Volvo 240

1989 Volvo 240 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 300000 miles

I own a 1989 Volvo 240 DL. Recently, I tried to change the spark plugs and spark plug wires on my own and I did a fatal mistake. I unplugged all the old spark plug wires and now I do not know how to put the new one on. I know that the firing order for my car is 1-3-4-2 and the #1 wire spark plug is marked on the distributor cap, I hope that's correct. But, I do not know how they work together to accomplish the firing order. What position that #1 marked plug on the distributor cap is placed in relation to the engine? In what order are the spark plug wires connected to the distributor cap? Please help me!
8605231952

The firing order goes clock wise so if the #1 is marked on the distributor cap then cylinder #1 wire goes to that then cylinder #3 wire would go next on the cap following the clockwise order and then #4 wire and #2 wire and you are done.
Goodluck and hope this info helps.

JIS001