FUEL PUMP

1986 Volvo 240

1986 Volvo 240 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive

I think I need to change the fuel pump but I'm not sure. Some one said it might be the fuel pump relay. Would the relay work sometimes and some times not? Female here and going to fix it myself, help.
Taosmtnmom

Do you hear the fuel pump come On -when you turn key to run-if not check the fuel pump fuse and relay if so check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel pump

Thanks for that. I ordered a pump and relay and am going to change them both. Be well. : )

Taosmtnmom
BEFORE YOU SPEND THE MONEY ON A FUEL PUMP, WHICH MOST OF THE TIME THEY DONT FAIL, YOU SHOULD REPLACE THE RADIO SUPPRESSOR RELAY AND FUEL SYSTEMS RELAY.

VOLVO SERVICE ADV
I'm going on a long road trip so I ordered both parts at the same time so as not to have to wait for a a second mailing. I'll start w/ the relay. If that's the issue I'll send the pump back. Thank you so much for all the advice, you've been great. : )

Taosmtnmom
REPLACE BOTH RELAYS, NOT JUST ONE. BOTH RELAYS ARE PROBABLY ORIGINAL AND I HAVE SEEN THEM FAIL.

VOLVO SERVICE ADV
Mmmmk, I will. Thanks

Taosmtnmom