LACK OF POWER

2004 Volkswagen Passat

2004 Volkswagen Passat 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 100000 miles

I have a 2004 Passat 1.9 Tdi (130 bhp model), It could be a coincidence but shortly after a basic service (oil and filter, air filter and fuel filter) the engine all a sudden became very sluggish. Its starts and idles as normal and the engine check light is not illuminated. It seems to have very little power untill approx 4000rpm when cold. However once it warms up to normal operating temp it doesn't seem to have any power at all. To maintain 70mph in forth gear requires the pedal to the floor and takes an age to build up that speed.
CCE

Hi CCE,

Thank you for the donation and sorry for the delay in answering.

Since problem occurred after servicing, I would suggest retracking and the item replaced most likely to cause the symptoms described would be the fuel filter.

If filter was installed insecurely, air could be drawn into the system resulting in the lack of power. Check for any kinking of hoses or leakages. If the original fuel filter was clogged, then another item to check would be the mini filter at the fuel pump intake port.