WINDOW

2000 Volkswagen Passat

2000 Volkswagen Passat 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 72,450 miles

The passenger side window of my 2000 VW Passat came off the track when it got rolled down. There was Ice and snow on the window which may have contributed. The window is electric and is stuck in the down position. Is there a way to fix it myself or do I need to take it to a VW mechanic?
Cdupont0704

Hi I blowed I got the same problem I took of inside door cosmetics, them found a steel inner shell, took out all of the bolts disconected electrics but cant find a way of getting inside it wont budge ill give it the germans they overdo engineering im stuck too please someone reply

Nomad1
Hi good news first you can repair it there are two big rubber grommets on the ali plate on the indoor door skin once removed
hand push the window up or down untill they appear in the holes where the grommets were. Then undo retaing bolts and window comes free from runners push it back up to the top as normally closed, put a bit of card down rubber lining to stop it comming back down then the skin comes free.
Now the bad news on the back the windows dont just slide up and down on teeth they have a pulley system like a garage door I found the cable had snapped and you need to buy the whole mecanism to repair it, here is the link on ebay to what you will find also a picture of the whole skin assembly once fitted hope this helps

Nomad1