REPAIR COSTS FOR VW PASSAT

2003 Volkswagen Other

I need to get my timing belt replaced on my 2003 VW Passat V6 with 64,000miles. While I'm there I'm also going to have my 60,000 mile tune-up done, since this is overdue. How much should I expect to pay for these services? Also, is there any other maintainance that should be done at this time for this particular model? I just had the CV boots replaced and bought new tires. I live in Florida; not sure if this makes a difference. Thanks!
G8ornurse319

Your question is: " How much should I expect to pay for these services?&Quot; * Some shops have pre-established price lists: speciallists and major chains, such as brake, muffler, and transmission shops, often set a fixed prices for specific jobs

*Flat rates: Most shops base their prices on a flat rate manual, which lists every job that can be done, as well as the amount of time it should take to accomplish the job on a specific vehicle.

* Variable flat rates: Some dealerships price jobs not only by the flat rate manual, but also by the level of skill necessary to do the work properly

* Flat rates and parts combinations: At many chains or departement stores, the technician shares in the profits on the sale of parts.

All of them have their advantages and desadvantages.
You can ask for a written estimate, you can also ask to check the flate rate manual.

Hope this help.

Mathiaso