94 JETTA OIL LIGHT CONSTANTLY BEEPING AND BLINKING

1994 Volkswagen Other

? (Volkswagen Jetta/1994/117,000)

Everytime I turn the car on the oil light beeps and blinks. Its a constant beeping and blinking, it stays on the whole time the car is on. We replaced the oil pump, the oil filter, the oil pan, the high pressure gauge, and the oil sending unit, we even took the little fuse box out under the steering wheel, and it still beeps! We are thinking that maybe this is an electrical problem because my speedometer and trachometer are messed up too. Any ideas! Is there any way to fix it or at least disconnect it?
CandyAppleJetta

The wire that connects to the sender should be directly above the oil filter. It's monitoring the pressure so when it drops it connects the wire to ground. That wire may be loose. Make sure the wire is not touching anything then check alarm. Then connect back to the sender. If alarm sounds then the sender is bad. I had one once then replaced by another bad one.

Captainmaniacdriver
Darn it! ACTULLY when you ground that wire the alarm should stop! When not touching anything then it should alarm. And then connect back to the sender and then if the alarm goes off then its the sender unless the pump is bad which is rare. Its your sender.

Captainmaniacdriver