BLEEDING AIR FROM BRAKES

1973 Volkswagen Other

Brakes problem
1973 Volkswagen Two Wheel Drive Manual 136000 miles

I have replaced all four brake wheel cylinders and the master brake cylinder, all four wheels have new pads. I can't seem to get the air out of the brake lines. I have a piece of plastic tubing hooked to the bleed screw and into a plastic bottle partially filled with brake fluid. As I pump the pedal I see the fluid with air bubbles pumping through. I have ran 4 quarts (yes quarts) of brake fluid through the system but cannot get rid of the air. There is not any evidence of brake fluid leaking any where and I have gone over each connection multiple time ensuring all connections are tight. I even adjusted each brake all the way to the point that the wheel is locked down. It appears that I get the most air when bleeding from the driver rear. The master cylinder and wheel cylinders are new not rebuilt. Any suggestions?
Lewisr6

Have you checked your brake drums to be sure that they are not worn or have not been turned past acceptable limits? Over extending any of the wheel cylinders might alow air into the system. Goodluck.

A_cmc_2b