BEETLE HEAD GASKET

1972 Volkswagen Other

I have a 1972 Volkswagen Beetle that has a little over 100,000 miles on it. I was wondering if anyone knows what the estimated cost to change the head gasket would be?
Blinkbreaking

There is no real " head gasket" sometimes there is a copper (if I remember correctly)
ring that sits between each cylinder and the head.
If you're experiencing oil coming from between the head and cylinder, you need to re-torque the heads.
If you find a bolt that just keeps going round and round, you have a pulled stud.
Pull the motor, remove the valve covers, and see if any of your studs are loose.
Most of the time, a pulled stud will make it sound like a thrown rod, because the head loosens and things start to bang around. This can also sound like a big ole hole in your exhaust.
You can find replacement studs at most import places for not much, a reputable air cooled vw mech shouldn't charge much for this procedure.

MikeyDep