CABRIO ELECTRIC WINDOWS

2000 Volkswagen Cabriolet

Noises problem
2000 Volkswagen Cabrio 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 86,000 miles

The problem I am experiancing is that the driverside window is not completly rolling up. When I activate the power window up switch. The window goes up then stops. Then it goes back down. And stays down. I took the door panel off last night. And found a broken plastic spool in bottom of door. I beleave the broken piece came from the anti pinch device. Do I have to buy the entire window regulator and anti pinch device cable assembly. And the broken anti pinch top roller cam how do I fix this problem? Does the entire door have to come apart? I understand that the power window regulator and the anti pinch device and cables are a sealed unit and syncromesh together is this true. Thank you David 925
*david925

Sometimes it is just a matter of re-synching the window motor. You may be able to toggle the window switch and get the glass all the way up. Then moving the window up and down through it's entire cycle will allow it to re-learn the range of motion.

Unfortunately the broken plastic in the door is probably from the regulator. The broken pulley is probably causing excessive drag in the assembly which the motor reads as a possible obstruction and triggering the anti-trap feature. In that case you will have to replace the regulator assembly.

Dubtech