CABRIO TRANNY STICKS

1999 Volkswagen Cabriolet

1999 Volkswagen Cabrio 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 74130 miles

My tranny is sticking in 2nd gear on occasion. I can't seem to find the " dipstick" for the transmission fluid. Where do I find the " dipstick", and what would be causing it to stick?
Tru2hisluv3

My car was doing this too. I was able to put in a liter of transmission fluid and it resolved. The filler cap is red and is best found by laying under the car. Looking underneath the car from in front of the left front tire there is a small recessed red cap on what looks like a small oil pan. Get a liter of transmission fluid and put it in. Then drive it around. I will be getting my transmission flushed also really soon. VW says that you never have to change the transmission fluid or add to it but they lie. Mine was extremely low. When you change the transmission fluid you will need a locking cap that you can get at any VW dealer for about $2. Hope this helps.

Bluezoey