CAR TURNS OVER BUT WONT START

1996 Volkswagen Cabriolet

1996 Volkswagen Cabriolet 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 145, 00 miles

Hi,

Last year, after letting my cabrio sit 3-4 months out of the winer, my car would turn over, but not start, so I bought a new battery and it still turned over but didnt start. I brought it to a mechanic and it ended up being a fuel pump fuse.

Now, my car has been sitting a month in the really cold weather and is giving me the same problem. It turns over, but will not start. I would like to change the fuel pump fuse but I do not know where it is located. I thought the mechanic said it was under the hood, but if so I have no idea where.
thanks!
Suneee2u

When you turn key On -do you hear the fuel pump come On. If not-do below

You're looking for fuse no.18 20amp in the fuse/relay box-also test or swap the fuel pump relay.

Might also want to check the fuel filter if its clogged

Where is the fuel pump fuse located? Under the hood or inside the car near the driver's laft knee?

Suneee2u
Its located under dash, behind knee bolster at bottom right hand corner. There's 22 miniature fuses at the bottom of the fuse box. You're looking for no.18