VAUXHALL VECTRA SMOKE PROBLEM

1998 Vauxhall Vectra

1998 Vauxhall Vectra Manual 107850 miles

my car exghust smokes very heavy white every time I start the engine. After a min. Its ok I am really worrying to drive it at trafic.I need help
Active1345

HI there,

Blue smoke on start ups usually a sign of leaking valve stem seals, these are in the cylinder head & the head will have to be removed to repair this problem.

Mhpautos
Thanks for answer for my question but car smokes white not blue, I think car needs good run but dnt know how many miles I should do to get it back to normal
thanks anyway

Active1345
I must be colour blind. Lol White smoke is a sign of coolant in the combustion chamber, are you loosing a bit of coolant? When the engine & exhaust is cold the coolant steam & smoke is more visible, you can get a head test done to prove the combustion chamber leaks, and if not there it will be a leak into the inlet manifold some where, have a look at this.

Mhpautos
Hi again
no coolent or oil leaks at all, I cant see any leaks under car.I am checking it daily, evrythings ok I dont know why keep smoking white
thanks

Active1345