ENGINE LOSES POWER, EXCESSIVE NOISE.

1998 Vauxhall Tigra

1998 Vauxhall Tigra Front Wheel Drive Manual 128000 miles

I have a 1998 Vauxhall Tigra 1.4i, the car is an excellent little runner but recently ive noticed a problem, the car is always fine when I start the engine and go to work or to the shopping centre but when I turn the engine off and restart it afterwards the engine light comes on and the car has very little power, it also makes a very deep revving noise and struggles to climb hills and gain any speed. I believe the problem is related to the engine being warm, after a journey and stopping and restarting the car the engine acts this way if I start it up again within an hour but after a couple of hours when the engine hasnt been run for a while and has had plenty of time to cool down it will start up and drive normally again, it doesnt occur on long trips unless they exceed half an hour of driving but 10 minutes on the road and stopping and starting the engine on short journeys and stops causes the problem to start please help me im completely baffled about this problem.
Ashomatic007

Have the vehicle serviced. Replace the plugs/wires and rotor arm and distributor cap. Add a good fuel addative to the tank !

Dave H