VAUXHALL TIGRA WIRING PROBLEM

1997 Vauxhall Tigra

1997 Vauxhall Tigra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 117985 miles

hi guys

i have a vauxhall tigra and the speedometer isnt working. It works sometimes and I was hoping if you could tell me where the wiring is connected under the bonnet. I recently went to a mechanic and was told there was some dodgy wiring to connect the speedometer. Can you show me a diagram of where it will be under the bonnet and how it is to be connected.

ps. I know its not the sensor, the mechanic showed me the wiring done under the bonnet: need to know how it looks so I can identify it thanks.

also, my car starts to jerk forward sometimes when im driving, it also has an oil leak. Are they related
Isl07036572

The wiring and oil leak/jerking are not related ! We do not have a wiring diagram for this vehicle your local autoparts store will be able to supply a repair manual with diagrams inside

Dave H
Thanks for replying
but ive got a bigger problem now. My oil leak was quite severe and now the car starts up but really struggles and theres a hissing noise under the bonnet. Im guessing the gaskets broke and needs replacing, plus theres water coming out from the exhaust

any advise on this

Isl07036572
Have the cylinders compression tested for headgasket failure

Dave H