LOSS OF POWER

Vauxhall Other

I asked for your help yesterday and you were very helpful with your advice. The car (vauxhall cavalier. Kreg) just cut out whilst driving and wouldn't restart. We checked the battery as advised and jump started it. It started immediately but then as soon as I started driving it and slowed down the same happened again and wouldn't restart without jumpleads. Could this be the alternator? : Oops: : idea: : :
Samantha

The alternator needs to create the electricity. The connections need to let it pass thru the wires and next connection into the battery. The battery needs to store the electricity and deliver it when needed.

Inspect the wires for bare spots and make sure the connections are clean and tight. Ispect the alternator belt and its tension. Have the battery and alternator tested.

Sometimes you might have more than 1 bad component. The inspection and testing is the only way to be sure of replacing only the defective part or parts.

Good luck and let us know. : )

Peppermrj
Shame you are so far north. Dereck has a great garage down in Burnham-on-Sea. : )

Peppermrj
Yes it was the alternator that was causing the peoblem's thanks alot : lol:

Samantha
Thanxs for the update. Happy motoring. : )

Peppermrj