MODELS RE: HEAD GASKET PROBLEMS!

2005 Vauxhall Other

Engine Cooling problem
2005 Other Vauxhall Models Four Wheel Drive Manual 45,000 miles

Dear Sir/Madam,

I bought second-hand corsa 'life' model from a local dealership in August 2009. During the end of the year, I realised my heating was not working, as it was not giving me hot air. I went to a trusted friend, who owns a garage to get the problem stored. He changed the time-chain casket, water-pump, thermostat, and flushed all the pimpes out. This managed to fix the problem, and the heating in the vehicle was giving me the hot air needed.

Than, at the start of the year, I started to realise the vehicle was losing coolant and was mixing with the oil. This was shown under the oil cap, as 'yellow stuff' was created. I took it back to the garage. My friend done a pressuring test to see if there was any leaks; but nothing was found. This went on for another few months, checks after checks was done, but no results. Finally, my friend decided to do the head-gasket changing in May/June 2010. The problem was solved, well that was the story for the first few weeks. Than, at the start of the this month, I noticed the problem occurred again; I was loosing coolant yet again.

I checked for head gasket failure signs, but nothing appears out of the ordinary; e.G. No white smoke coming, no bubbles appearing or even creamy stuff on the oil dip.
I went back to my friend, he said that the head gasket has not gone, but due to poor corsa engine design; the problem will be always there, so there is no point of redoing the head gasket and wasting money etc. He advised me to sell the car of asap, and for the meantime, to top-up my coolant and drive around normally. Is this even safe?

Could you please advise me on what I should do? And what are my options now?

Does it sound like the head-gasket has blown again? I trust my friend very well, and his jobs are always perfect etc. Maybe, the car is faulty?

Please help.

All the help will be grateful.

Kind regards.

Mohit
Momo21

If you are losing coolant. You have a leak somewhere or you have a bad headgasket?

Dave H