IGNITION LOCK WILL NOT TURN!

1999 Vauxhall Corsa

1999 Vauxhall Corsa Manual

Hiya, I have a W reg Vauxhall Corsa. I went out driving yesterday parked up no problems, but when I came to put the ignition key back in to try and start the car it just would not turn, I intially thought it might be the steering lock so jiggled around with it, this then but the steering lock on and didnt help atall. Basically it seems as though the ignition bit is jammed some how. Ive tried different keys etc but nothing seems to work.

The problem we are having is that it is stuck in a pay and display car park and our insurance only covers break down service if its over 5 miles away (this is just up the road), but we cant tow it because the steering lock is on!

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou
Laurahazelden

Hi there,

try lubing the lock with powered graphite, if that dose not work, you will have to take the lock out as I would say a tumbler has collapsed.

Mhpautos