CAR WILL NOT START

1994 Vauxhall Astra

1994 Vauxhall Astra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 146000 miles

was driving car changed gear car cut out didn't start again and hasn't started since. Have done or tried the following changed spark plugs, leads, rota arm, distributer, checked cam, checked timing, checked plug next to battery, nice spark at plug when turning over even tried easy start straight into the singal point but still will not start can you help?
Martyn brown

Could be a problem with the valve and ignition timing. Remove distributor cap have helper crank engine over is the rotor turning?

Hi,
Thanks for your reply but yes I have tried this and the rotor is turning.
Martyn

Martyn brown
Check your fuel pressure if its within specs and for injection pulses at the injectors

Hi thanks once agaiin, I have had the fuel pressure and injection checked all o-k.
Martyn

Martyn brown
You got nice spark, correct fuel pressure -now all you need is compression-check it and comeback-You can have both but if the valve and ignition timing is off-she'll never start-