TRUCK KILLING

1994 Chevrolet Chevette • 241,249 miles

A few days ago my water hose busted on my truck and I replaced it. After I fixes it I took it for a drive and after about 5 minutes it started to sputter and then it killed on me. I thought it was the battery because the battery light was showing but it wouldn't jump either. The next day after it cooled down it started again. But after about five minutes of driving again it killed. The brakes and wheel also lock up. Idk what it is. Can you help?
Football77

Can I have year--make--model, again. The title said chevy chevette, that is not truck.

It's a 1994 Chevy 1500.

Football77
Do you think any electricals got wet when the hose busted? When the vehicle stalls will it crank? If it won't crank, then check the starter circuits. Any testing at the starter, make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and the e-brake is set.

If it cranks good, but, won't start, have a helper crank it while you visually check for spark at the spark plugs, if spark everywhere, check fuel pressure.

If your fully obd1 compliant, you should be able to check mil trouble codes. To check codes, use a jumper wire between the A & B terminals at the datalink connector. Turn key just till the dash lites come on, no further. Then the mil on the dash starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes.