MODELS TIMING CURVES ETC

1972 Triumph Other

1972 Other Triumph Models 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

Hi, Rimmer Bros sell several different types of distributor for differing years of engine of the same type and different types, (ie North american exports to) In the case of T250 (TR6) the camshaft is for the cc prefixed engine they are rated @ 132BHP.
Whereas the British CR(125BHP) and CP(150BHP)
Does the the distributor have to 'Match' the cam type, or is it the bolt up type of the distributor to the type of engine casing that is in question? At present I have a 2.5 CR1 type engine with a 125 (BHP)cam. I am thinking of using a cc cam(132BHP),
If I need to changr the distrib', -What type/model number would I need? Cheers, -DoublePhoenix.
DoublePhoenix

You will have to find some Triumph specialty shops/sites for the exact part numbers. You probably should do something with the distributor if you are changing cams, it will need to be re-curved to match the cam at minimum. Try here

triumphsonly. Com/

Jack42