TRANSMISSION

2003 Honda Pilot • 150,000 miles

I am original owner of a 2003 honda pilot with 150k miles. When cornering or slowing down (not having come to a full stop), vehicle just shifts out of drive at around 1000-1100 rpm's. This happens only when rpm's are being reduced. When given gas to accelerate, engine just revs. When engine settles down to about 800 rpm's, I can resume acceleration, which is smooth through all the gears. No 'check engine' light comes on and therefore no codes. Tranny fluid is clean and red. I would like to have an idea of the problem before I take it for service. Thanks.
Dancinjul

Symptom indicates possible fault with transmission valve body. Transmission codes usually do not trigger the Check Engine Light, unless it goes into limp mode.
.

Thanks. Do you have a ballpark estimate for repair cost?

Dancinjul
Repair varies according to location so you should check locally and it is best to have a transmission specialist look at it before committing.