INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR

2009 Toyota Yaris

2009 Toyota Yaris 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I would like to know where the intake air temperature sensor is located and what the color is of the two wires that go to it.
Weasel76

Your vehicle doesn't use a separate sensor for intake air temp. It uses the mass airflow (MAF) sensor, the wires to the MAF sensor are black, pink, orange, light green, and gray.

Bluelightnin6
Out of these five wires do you know which two operate the intake air temp sensor?

Weasel76
Sorry but none of my sources show which 2 wires specifically are for IAT reading ..but could I ask why you are needing the 2 wires? i'm assuming you are installing a performance chip or something similar? if so than honestly i would suggest trying to get the chip refunded because those chips do NOT work at all on your Yaris.. not worth the trouble or money .

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_2804.jpg

Bluelightnin6
Thanks for the advice! I will get it returned as soon as I can. Do you know of any performance chips or upgrades that actually work and are reasonably priced that will increase power and mpg?

Weasel76
It is hard to increase horse power AND MPG at the same time. Usually when you increase HP the MPG tend to go down. The best and easiest mods to start with for gaining HP is a cold air intake system. The decent to better brands will run around $200 - $300. It lets the engine get more fresh air and usually ups the HP by 3 - 5 to the wheels (although most brands swear it raises HP by 10 - 15, I have never seen a dyno sheet proving that.). Another upgrade would be headers, but once you get into this stuff it can get addicting and start adding up $$ very quickly. If this is just your daily driver honestly I would not do anything to it, I believe the yaris gets around 30 MPG or so stock, that's very good rating considering the average MPG of vehicles on the road today is around 19 MPG. Hope this helps.

Bluelightnin6
Thanks for all of the advice it has helped a lot! Yeah I can usually get 38 mpg and my car is completely stock. I know that is great mpg but I always like to try and get the most that I can out of my vehicles.

Weasel76
There is a division of Toyota called TRD, they sell cold air intakes, headers etc.

These are the ONLY performance products that will not void your warranty.

As Blue said, these chips are a can of worms and will void your factory warranty.

Remember, the Yaris has a 1.5 liter 106HP engine.

The advantage it has is that it only weighs 2311lbs.

Mmprince4000
There is an ambient temp sensor:

Mmprince4000
Alright Thanks

Weasel76