BATTERY TEMPERATURE AND CHOCKING SMELL,

1999 Toyota Van

1999 Toyota Van 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 263000 miles

Hii Sir, I replaced the old battery bcz it started getting too much hot and smelling too bad, the technician told me its the battery dead. Bought a new one and replace, it works untill when the water level went down, then I added distilled water to required level, after operating for some two weeks, the problem started again, too hot and bad smelling out, all these happens after a car has operated continuously for about six hours, PLEASE I AM NOT RED TO REPLACE THE BATTERY AGAIN, IS IT THE ALTERNATOR OR THE BATTERY PROBLEM
BENJAMIN MASSERY

HI there,

your alternator is over charging and cooling the battery, get the alternator repaired.

Mhpautos
Thanks for reply to my questions, but still am in doubt bcz, why the battery does not get hot immmediately I replace the dead one with the new one?Instead it takes about two months runing, then that is when it starts heating up, to me thought if the alternator is faulty problem could start instantly as I put therwe the new battery, THANKS am ben.

BENJAMIN MASSERY