CHECK ENGINE LIGHT STAYS ON ALL THE TIME

1995 Toyota Tercel

1995 Toyota Tercel 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

Check Engine Light will not scan with Te1 and E1 shorted by a jumper on the Data Link Connector.

I have followed the repair manual; battery has 12.58 volts and the ignition to on position. Placed jumper to short ort Te1 and E1 pints on the Data Link Connector. The Check Engine Light stays on solid without give me any flashing.

With no jumper on the Te1 to E1 pins, I follow the manual to do the Check Engine Light resetting by removed the 15A Radio fuse. However, this Light still stays on.

Only able to reset this Check Engine Light is to disconnect the battery and reconnect it back. Did I do something wrong in the procedure? What component has failed on me? Please help.
Ilu

Try the EFI fuse remove it for 10secs and see what happens-

With the EFI 15A fuse removed, the Check Engine Light finally turns off.

But, I try to scan this light for the error code with EFI fuse removed. The Check Engine Light won't flash for me.

Ilu
If there's trouble within the engine management system the light will comeback on constantly-till the problem is fixed-

Are you referring that ECU is the problem? Thanks.

Ilu

It won't flash nothing bcuz the EFI 15amp fuse powers the computer-

With all the symptoms I described, do you have any idea why I could not scan for error codes? Thanks.

Ilu

It won't flash nothing bcuz the EFI 15amp fuse powers the computer-with no power the computer is dead. Now if the CEL is on and the 15amp EFI fuse is in place and refuses to pull code/s could be a computer problem.

If you jumper the Te-1 to E-1 and there's stored code/s it will show one of these DTC's

11 ECU Power Supply.
12 Engine RPM Signal.
13 Engine RPM Signal.
14 Ignition Signal.
21 Oxygen Sensor (OS) Signal.
22 Water Temperature Sensor (THW) Signal.
24 Intake Air Temperature Sensor (THA) Signal.
25 Air/Fuel ratio lean.
26 Air/Fuel ratio rich.
27 Sub-oxygen sensor signal.
31 Air Flow Meter Signal.
32 Air Flow Meter Signal.
41 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS).
42 Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) Signal.
43 Starter Circuit Signal.
51 Switch Condition Signal.
71 EGR system malfunction.