MY WIFE STAINED MY DASHBOARD PLEASE HELP

1994 Toyota Tercel

Interior problem
1994 Toyota Tercel 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 72000 miles

my wife sprayed down my 94 tercel with only 72000 miles on it with some anti bacterial germicide cleaner it stained my dashboard! It now looks like I have those white hard water spots (runs) all over my black dashboard, I tried a hot washcloth and a glass cleaner please help what will take it off? My dash was perfect before she touched it!
Jamracer21

Hi there, if this has etched into the plastic it is there for good, maybe if there is some contact No on the container of product that your wife used, they may have some ideas as to how it may be fixed, this is a problem not normally for a mechanic, more a chemist I feel.

Mhpautos
Try full strength distilled white vinegar. If that doesn't cut the stain, try steaming it with a steam cleaner like a steam buggy if it is molded plastic. Then condition it with some type of protectant like armorall for plastics.

Momknowsbest