TOYOTA TERCEL ENGINE PROBLEM

1993 Toyota Tercel

How in the WORLD if it is possible do I change a fuel filter on my 1993 toyota tercel. It has 119,000 miles it is a 1.5 or 1.4 engine.
Neleonus

You need to depressurize the fuel system-remove the fuel pump fuse run the engine till it dies-then crank it a few times.

Find the F/filter at the firewall if its a 1.5 now its all up to you.

Is their any way that you can break it down even further. In laymans terms, I car iliturate. I am a computer technician by the way. Just thought I throw that out there.

Neleonus
Okay I understand-I'll turn you into a fuel filter technician.

With a cold engine and I mean cold engine-loosen the banjo bolt just a crack on the filter, now go turn key to On for 1 second then turn it off. Count 30 seconds before you get out of the car.

Or you can park it all night then in the morning go ahead and remove the filter

Make sure you follow the direction of the arrow on the new filter. Which way is going to the fuel rail and fuel tank okay.

When finish installing new filter-wipe up the spill around the area or wet it. Now go On the key and check whether the filter is leaking if not you have done your job.

Am sorry I don't habla english that good so excuse my grammus okay and its nice knowing you're a Computer Tech maybe someday huh! I'll need you when I need some help

That means thank, incase your hispanic, which by the picture u just might be. Hey I reallly really really appreciate it and I cant wait to try it. Ill keep you post it on what happened.
Thanks again
have a wonderful day

Neleonus