AC& FAN

2000 Toyota Tarago

2000 Toyota Tarago 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 205000 miles

Hi, I have a 2000 model Tarago and on Xmas eve, we cooked the motor (long story). I have just had another motor put in and the mechanic noticed that everytime he turns the Air Conditioning off, the radiator fan doesnt seem to work! I have booked it into an auto electrician but they cant look at it for a few days as they are so busy! Any ideas what my problem could be?
Ryanamy

Hi ryanamy,

Thank you for the donation.

When the AC is turned on, the cooling fans would operate immediately.

When the Ac is turned off, the cooling fans would not work until the engine coolant reaches the temperature required to activate the water temperature switch, located at rear of engine.

If it is confirmed that the fans do not work after the coolant temperature is high, check if the water temperature switch is disconnect.

If connection is good, disconnect the coupler and use a jumper wire to bridge the connector wire. Turn ignition on and if fans work, replace the temperature switch.