NOISE FROM DRIVE SHAFT

2004 Toyota Tacoma

Noises problem
2004 Toyota Tacoma 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 68000 miles

When starting out from a stop sign you hit the gas at a moderate take off there is a tink sound comming from drive shaft. On a slow take off there is no noise. On a fast take off there is no noise either. Does this with the air on or off. Replaced the u joint, s on the rear drive shaft 2 of them and inspected the support bearing spins freely. No gritty feel smooth and inspected the front drive shaft u joint in good shape. Lighty grease the slip joint shaft going into the transmission. Replced the oil in the rear end with 80/90 weight gear oil. I was told this is a 2 piece drive shaft alumn insert with steel outer dont know how true this is? Also put the truck up on the rack and ran it threw the paces with no load on the tires and did not here it. Tape a rage on the back half of drive shaft and deadened the sound. So what is the next step for finding this problem.
Kd4pop

Did you lube the slip yoke where th etwo driveshafts come together? Somethimes they will bind and cause noise. Also check trans mount. Look for real leaf springs slapping as well, this will leave rub marks, lube anywhere you find this

Jack42
Slip yoke is at the transmission yes I did grease this the back drive shaft is bolted to the carrier bearing and bolted to the rear end at the yoke 8 bolts and nuts total. There are 2 nut's one on the rear end and at the carrier bearing. Tranny mount is in great shape

Kd4pop
2 piece d-shaft has to have a slip yoke from carrier to rear end to let the driveshaft change length as the rear end travel changes the distance between the two. Is the carrier bearing loose in its housing? Have seen the rubber around the bearing get soft and let the bearing move too much when loaded.

Jack42
Did all the above you said, and it still does it might change the oil in the tranny or replace the rear shocks. Then it may be the tranny is going bad or the rear end but when I change the oil in the rear end (80-90 weight lucas) there was no metal on the magntic plug clean as a whistle

Kd4pop
See if the tailshaft bushing in the trans has too much play. Maybe it is going bad

Jack42
Took it to Toyota and they said it was the front drive shaft going into the slip joint. So while it was there told them to do tranny fluid change. They wanted 650.00 for the drive shaft told them forget it. And change the oil in the tranny. They put some kind of wynns cleaner im it ran it for about 20 min and put new oil and wynns condition treatment in it. Now it shifts better and no noise? I thought it shifted fine before.
Thank you guys for the help

Kd4pop