LEAN MIXTURE

2005 Toyota Sienna

Computer problem
2005 Toyota Sienna 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 65000 miles

I am testing and bought a gas saver and it is connected from the brake booster to engine intake. After 4 months with gas saving check engine light on. I bought a scanner and I eliminate the light. I saved gas from 23 to 32 mpg.

My question is does it will damage my engine if I continously use this device?

What will be the effect of this gas saver to my engine in the long run?
Rotciv79

What code did you get?

Post a link of the "gas Saver" link that you installed.

Running lean can damage a piston surface.

Pretty impressive savings.

The code is: P0174

site: I also tested it for my Chevy Silverado 2004 and I've got only 4mpg savings.

Rotciv79
I have contacted the manufacturer to see what input they may have.

IF the light returns with that code, I would do some troble shooting to see if it has nothing to do with the product. This code can surface on any car, but we don't know that is necessarily is or is not related.

I will do a little more research to see what I can learn.

Does the engine display any other symtoms? Such as pinging on an incline?

I have reached the company. They are trying to get this EPA approved. I have sent you an email with his address, just keep me in the loop with a carbon.

I believe that running lean will run hotter and can cause piston damage and or valve damage.

How lean is too lean? I dunno.

I guess I need to find out what temperatures in the combustion chambers are to better answer it.

Once I find that.(Not sure how just yet) I can find out at what point valves and pistions become damages at a particular temperature.

Very cool stuff regardless, glad you brought this up.