BLOWN ALT 100A FUSE

1999 Toyota Rav4

1999 Toyota Rav4 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

The other day my wife noticed that the battery light, airbag light and gas light were coming on intermittently while driving. When I drove it, I noticed the same thing. After leaving it parked for a couple hours I took it out again to find the headlights didn't work. The brights did though. After leaving it parked for the evening, it was completely dead the next morning. I bought a new battery and installed it. (Note: there was quite a bit of corrosion on the battery cables, I scraped them and cleaned them the best I could.) When I went to hook up the negative lead, the ALT 100a fuse popped. So I went and bought a new one, the SAME thing happened! Bought yet ANOTHER one, this time, I tried hooking up the battery first then the fuse. POP! I'm really frustrated, could this be an actual alternator issue? HELP PLEASE!
MrDanJK

Bingo internal short to ALT try disconecting ALT if fuse stops blowing there you have it ALT

Docfixit