OIL LIGHT

1997 Toyota Rav4

Hi I'm new to this site, and I would love if someone could help me with my problem. I just bought a 1997 Toyota Rav4. It has 121K miles on it. When I bought it it had no lights, but after I degreased the engine it suddenly had a battery light which came on. It had a fairly new alternator in it. The mechanic told me that it was overcharging. Today I took it to replace the alternator, and a oil light came on. I had them replace the oil pressure switch, but the oil light is still on. The engine sounds fine with no ticking or knocking. Anybody have any ideas on what the problem could be.
Zingster777

Try removing the EFI fuse for 10secs and see what happens with the oil light

Today the mechanic told me that he put a gauge on, and he said that there's no oil pressure. I never heard of a oil pump going bad on a 4 cyl Toyota engine. Any ideas?

Thanks, Eli

Zingster777
Eli

To confirm it go back and have him hook the gauge and look at it to verify there is no pressure at all.

Hi thanks for the input. I had the mechanic drop the oil pan, and clean the pick-up screen. It solved the problem. The screen was cloged. Thanks again.

Eli

Zingster777