TOUCH SCREEN

2006 Toyota Prius

Computer problem
2006 Toyota Prius 4 cyl 85123 miles

My touch screen has quit working. All the screens are lite up and work if you use the buttons on either side of the scrren. I can also have most systems work by using the buttons on the steering colmum. The screen shows what function you are looking at, but if you touch the screen almost anything can happen. It will switch to differant screen, or turn on/off the radio, etc. I have been told by Toyota repair service that the screen has a short and that a new screen cost around $1600.00.

Can the screen be repaired? Is this a common problem? How does it get a short? Can I get a rebuilt screen?

My wive and I are the only drivers and we are very good to the car. It is not abused.

Thanks,
Ron Doll
Dollron

Hi,
I just started to experience a similar problem with my 2006 Prius, which is recently out of warranty. I didn't see a posted response to your question. Did you ever get any advice back or have this fixed? Would love any suggestions (since I am still in shock with the $1500 quote from the dealership).
Thanks,
Maya

Maya-moo
I had my screen replaced. I found out that they replace it with a used rebuilt screen.

I did talk to a knoweldable repair guy. He said that some of the time the problem with the screen is that it is dirty. Needs to be cleaned with a computer screen cleaner.

Dollron