MAINTENANCE REQUIRED LIGHT

2005 Toyota Prius

Computer problem
2005 Toyota Prius 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 57450 miles

Maintenance required light just started flashing three times and then goes off when I start the car. Does this mean I need an oil change?
Hallemd

Go get a service done, the mechanic will have to do a re set on the light, let me know if you need assistance with this.

Mhpautos
Thanks Mark but I'm not sure if you are saying that it DOES need an oil change? That I can afford right now but anything major may be a problem as I am unemployed and my benefits expire in three weeks. Thanks for your prompt response.

Hallemd
Hi there,

This is just an advisory indication that the engine service is due according to when the system was last re set, it works off the speedo reading, nothing will drop off or blow up, just keep a eye on all fluid levels and all will be ok till you can get the service done, just don't leave it for to long as engine services are an important part of caring for your car.

Mhpautos