HOW TO KNOW IF ENGINE IN GOOD SHAPE?

2005 Toyota Prius

2005 Toyota Prius 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 36000 miles

I'm planning to buy from a private party. What tests should be performed? Will any good mechanic suffice for a hybrid? Any trouble spots to be wary of?
Impellitteri

Hi there,

thank you for the donation,

All the standard items are the same, engine, brakes, suspension, so any mechanic should have the ability to check this out with out a problem, the only thing I would get a dealer to do is check the electrical system, the battery pack and the electric motor and transmission interface, I personally have never had access to one, I would ask the owner to allow you to have this inspected by a dealer first, if they are genuine about the condition of the car, they should not have an objection to you getting this done for your own piece of mind.

Mhpautos
Exactly what he said Toyota battery packs, the 144 volt one in the back should only be checked by someone certified to do so.

FordRacing24