4X4 EXHAUST MANIFOLD REPLACEMENT

Toyota Pickup

I have a 1985 Toyota 4x4 pickup with a 22R carburated engine and a 5 speed. The mileage is 108,000. I need to replace the exhaust manifold (diagnosed as cracked by a repair shop). The replacement seems very easy except for removing the air injection tube. When you remove the bolts for the air injection tube, the studs on the tube face the back of the truck, the studs on the engine face the drivers side. There seems no way to remove the air injection tube as the studs block you from removing it (as the studs go two directions). How do you remove the air injection tube?
Jml05551

Is there a possibility that you can just unbolt the air injection tube, leave it loosely there, unbolt the manifold and finagle them both out together? Then when you put it back together, place the injection tube in place and reposition the manifold so that all you need to do is bolt it in place, then bolt the injection tube in place.

Indyuke
Thanks for the idea. It seemed pretty tight in terms of the finagling part (trying to clear the studs from the engine while at the same time trying to clear the studs from the injection tube). I tried to pry the injection tube from the piece it connects to but was worried about bending it so I didn't pry to much. It doesn't make sense to me that there would be anything more to replacing the exhaust manifold so I'm wondering if you're not right - - you can finagle both pieces off at the same time if you do it just right. I'll give it another try. Thanks again for the advice, I do appreciate it.

Jml05551