REAR BRAKES

2001 Toyota Pickup

Brakes problem
2001 Toyota Pickup 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 125000 miles

My Tacoma has a sticky rear brake pad. When I realease the parking brake, the brakes do not release immediately and then make a loud clunk when they finally do. Until the brakes have warmed up, they do not release immediately but if I let the truck roll backward, they release immediately. I replaced the front pads and inspected the rear shoes which have plenty of life left in them. There appears to be a leak in the wheel cylinder in the rear drivers side drum that I will attend to. I also adjusted the parking brake only to realize it's self adjusting. I feel like the brakes are dragging all the time now. Can you help?
Dickytom

Rears should have a slight amount of drag when spinningthe wheel, if properly adjusted. The problem may be due to the leaky wheel cylinder or it may need a rear brake spring kit (combo kit). Which I would do with the wheel cylinder anyway. When it comes to brakes, they need to be in proper hydraulic shape before other problems can be addressed

Jack42
Thanks a lot. The springs you mentioned, they are the ones visible when I pull off the drum, correct?

Dickytom
Yes. Auto parts store should have them

Jack42