STOPPED RUNNING WON'T START

1993 Toyota Pickup

1993 Toyota Pickup 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 190000 miles

I have a 93 Toyota pickup with a 22RE engine. It had been making a ticking sound sometimes at lower RPMs. It stopped running and would not start. It starts to turn the engine and then stops. I have been told that it is the timing belt but I didn't hear any " bad" noises when it stopped.
Tjhenson

Cranks but no start condition: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.