4WD V-6 TRUCK 116,000 MILES

1992 Toyota Pickup

I was driving down the road & my ac went out. I don't have a broken belt, or blown fuse. Coolant pressure is good. But when you push the ac button it will not light up, nor will the compressor come on.
Aedwar1

There are several ways to verify the compressor is good. One is to activated with 12V and the other is to take coill resistance which should be about 3-5 ohms. If you activare the compressor verify that the pressures should read about 35 low and 150 high + or -

That Toyota also has an A/C amplifier controller which have been known to go bad. It is a black box about the size of a big cigarette pack and is located in a slot in the evaporator housing behind the glove compartment.

The A/C circuit for you truck is a bit complicated. I will be glad to send a schematic if you want.

All A/C relays and fuses are located behind the glove compartment. There is a 10A A/C fuse in that fuse block #3 that you might have missed. Good luck and let me know.

Losone
What does the a/c amplifier controller do? I found the fuses, and as soon as I engage the a/c it blows. I would appreciate a copy of the electrical schmatic of the a/c circuit.

Aedwar1
Disconnect the compresor and try it. If the fuse doesn't blow you have a bad coil in the compressor

Losone