R22E CARRYING A WIINEBAGO

1988 Toyota Pickup

The overdrive on a 1988 Toyota R22e pickup carrying a Wiinebago does not work above 4000 feet altitude, according to the owners manual and my experience. How can I modify the pickup automatic transmission overdrive so that it works above 4000 feet altitude?

On long flat roads above 4000 feet, I have to keep speed 40-50 to not race the engine. Here the engine has plenty of power to run 60 mph without taxing either the engine or the transmission.
Calvinleman

I've seen this thread somewhere- You need to check the CTS/VSS/TPS sensors operation to include the No.3 solenoid. The 3-sensors has to feed the ECT computer the proper signal in order for the overdrive to function properly.

Perhaps the wire to the overdrive solenoid, which runs from the overdrive relay, can be controlled by a switch that the driver controls. That may be all that is needed.

Calvinleman