ENGINE OVERHEATING

1985 Toyota Pickup

Engine Cooling problem
1985 Toyota Pickup 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

My 1985 Toyota SR5 Pickup truck was overheating. I discovered my lower radiator hose that connected from the pipe to the water pump was torn. I replaced that hose with a new one. It still overheated. I noticed that I had a pin hole on the top of my radiator and JB welded it. It fixed it, but again it overheated. I replaced the thermostat today, and it overheated again. After it overheated this last time, I opened the hood and say my engine, itself, smoking. I keep on fixing these problems. Being a novice, I can't troubleshoot this problem though. What could possibly be wrong? Should I fix it myself or should I take it in? How much would each choice run about?
Pick19782003

Have it block and pressure tested-do the block first to pinpoint a combustion leaking into the cooling system or a gas analyzer to sniff for hydrocarbons at the radiator fill neck.

Pressure test: do not do a pressure test if there's leakage at the headgasket this might cause coolant into the cylinders and lock it up or bend a connecting rod if cranked thereafter. The headgasket should be repaired before doing the pressure test.

If the block and pressure test passes check the following: Thermostat, Pressure test the Rad. Cap, Clogged radiator, Fan clutch, Radiator electrical fan, collaspe hoses, water pump