NEW ALTERNATOR WILL NOT HOLD CHARGE

1980 Toyota Pickup

We have replaced the alternator, voltage regulator and checked the fuses and yet the pickup will not hold a charge. The battery is less than 4 months old. Any suggestions as to what could be wrong?
Thank You
Jet1000

Get the truck hooked-up to a VAT-40 and load test it this will ID the problem. Is it properly grounded and tight connections?

I went through the same thing with my 80 yota. Makes sure that it's not a 79 model and make sure they are giving you the right alternator and the matching voltage regulator. They gave me a 79 reg. And an 80 alt. Then I went back and they gave me the opposite. Finally had to take them both up there and show them exactly what came off. Also may be able to tell them the color of the wires going into the connector on the alt. And the reg. That may help. Anyway, that's what done it for me.

Ljstoy