CLICKING SOUND ON HIGHWAY

Toyota Other

Own a 2003 Toyota Solara with 45,000 miles. When getting to the speed of about 60 mph, I can hear a clicking sound in the front, coming through the vents. It used to make this noise when the speed hit 70, but now its happening at 60. There is never a sound doing regular driving, under the speed of 60. The sound is not real loud, but continues. At times more frequent then others, doesn't change with accelration or coasting, just a clicking sound. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.
Chasgallo

I had the same problem and the Toyota dealer added insulation to the dash to prevent noise, but that did not solve the problem. There is a plastic scoop to add air to engine on the under side of the car. Somehow, perhaps going over a curb, the part was cracked and would make a clicking sound when certain speeds were reached because the air would cause the cracked part to wobble. The dealer mechanic removed the piece and the clicking problem disappeared, but now on windy days at high speeds the car whistles, so I would recommend replacing the $26 part rather than removing it.

JN