TOWING ABILITY FOR MY '96 CAMRY

1996 Toyota Other

Hi. I recently purchased a '96 Toyota Camry, and we are about to move. We are only taking minimal things with us for now, until the movers can bring the rest. We rebuilt the transmission, and the car seems to be running fine now. We (obviously) purchased the vehicle used, and it did not come with an owner's manual. My question is, can we install a tow hitch on the back and tow one of the SMALLEST moving trailers on it? I've seen them as small as 3 feet long, and 5 feet wide. Or, would you recommend we only take what can actually fit in the car? We are moving from 0' elevation (Sea Level) to 7900 feet above sea level! So, we will be going up hill most of the way. Please advise. Thanks.
Ladyinbayview

Yes you can install a tow hitch on the Camry which is a class II hitch that you will attach to the bumper of the car.
B&W Hitches will provide you with a manual on how to connect the hitches to your certain make of car using simple methods. The hitches once attached are also safe and reliable.

Bestop