READ....... IF YOUR CAR STALL WHEN STOP

Toyota Other

For those toyota cars stall when stop, go to change the coolant temperature sensor.
I did mine with my friend, it's working fine now.
Don't go to the dealer to change it,
it can be done easily, any mechanics can do the job.
Good luck.
Rock2001wwf

I have made this suggestion on a number of posts. Thanks for the insight.

Losone
The stalling problem still exist, I don't know what to do now.

Rock2001wwf
Go back to basics and ask your self if this vehicle didn't have all the electronics what could be the problem. WE are back to fuel, spark and compression in time.

The idle in older vehciles was contolled by changing the idle air controls on a carb. Now we deal with Idle Air Controllers. It is the module that opens and closes allowing more vacuum into the intake controlling the idle.

A few whiles ago I had an idling problem with a Toyota truck. It turned out there was a piece of lint stuck in the mass air flow sensor.

Let me know the engine, tranny, vehicle type, mileage and engine and I will try and help. Good luck

Losone
My corolla is 1993, automatic, 1.8 liter 16 valve, EFI,

144300 miles.

Right now I am thinking could the problem caused by the Engine speed sensor?

By the way, my old model car can't read the rpm, so is there a device I can use to check the rpm of my car?

Thanks for the help.

Rock2001wwf