LUCIDA - BLOWN HEAD GASKET, ADVICE?

Toyota Other

Head gasket blown, garage losened the radiator cap which meant it runs fine, they said sell it quick.

I didn't feel I could do that. Another garage charged £50.00 and put some kind of sealer in it. The temp gauge went up and down a bit at first but has settled. Since then I have done 1500 miles and it seems fine. Is it fixed or is it just gonna blow at any moment. I am meant to be embarking on some long journeys in the summer so would like some advice. I've been told, 'if it's done over 1000 miles it fine.' Is that true.

Jrebera1

Doing a " fix" on a head gasket is like putting a band aid on a broken arm. It will seal it for a short time but then it's going to be a lot worse like an infected arm.

It is against my old Yank principles to sell anyone a car that has problems without advising them. You have to do what you have to do.

NOW! Trading it in to a dealer is a different story as they will get a little back of what they have done to others. It's the old story " all's fair in love, war and car dealers.&Quot; Good luck!

Losone
I would have to agree, dont sell it to anyone, but go ahead and trade it to a dealer. I would'nt rely on that car much longer, I had the same happen to me. I eventually spun a rod bearing. NOT Pretty. Haha. Good luck!

Sxotty : lol: : lol: : lol: : lol: : D

BlessedxBlood