MODELS LOSING POWER

2004 Toyota Other

2004 Other Toyota Models 4 cyl Manual 6000 miles

LOSES POWER WHEN DRIVING FOR A FEW SECONDS, WHEN YOU PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN IT MOVES ON BUT YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOU FOOT DOWN TO KEEP THE SPEED, HAS NEW FUEL FILTER, ITS A HILUX D4D MODEL
Elizabeth campbell

Has the check engine light come on? Also, at night time, drive the car so it gets to normal operating temp and you have experienced loss of power. Stop the car, leave the engine running and check the catylatic converter. Is it glowing red?

Let me know what you find.

Yes it was getting hot but not glowing any other suggestions

Elizabeth campbell
I feel it something to do with a plugged exhaust. However, if there is no check engine light, lets start with the fuel pump pressure.

Here is a how to for checking it. You will need a fuel pressure gauge. Most parts stores will lend or rent one to you. Check the pressure, and the fuel pressure regulator. THe directions are listed and there is a video to watch that shows exactly how to do it. IF you run into any trouble or have questions, just let me know.

http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/how_to_check_fuel_pressure.htm

I look forward to hearing from you.